Welcome to St Therese Catholic Primary School at Mascot. We are the largest Catholic Primary School in Sydney’s inner-city and we operate as a multicultural, multilingual Catholic community. I am proud to lead a school that is focused upon:
- Teaching Catholic knowledge and beliefs and encouraging acts of service; especially towards the vulnerable
- Assisting students to consistently improve their competency in literacy and numeracy so they are equipped to handle the demands of future, life long education
- Offering students opportunities to utilise technology as a platform for learning, exploring and creating
- Fostering empathy and goodwill, so that members of our community can appreciate each other’s point of view
- Promoting healthy lifestyles including individual and team sports and through our certified ‘Healthy School Canteen’
- Providing a curriculum that includes stretch goals in academia, sport, art, music, technology and other platforms
- Valuing the gift of creation and preserving it through practices such as litter reduction and recycling waste.
The special cross that hangs in our foyer represents the rich history and charism at St Therese Catholic Primary School Mascot. Decorated with the thumbprint of every child, staff member, and member of the clergy associated with St Therese in 2016, it depicts the unique fabric of our community.
The cross acknowledges Australia’s Indigenous Aboriginal heritage and includes these specific symbols that are important to St Therese, Mascot:
- The Celtic cross reminds us of the contribution of the Irish in bringing Catholicism to Australia
- Two roses represent our patron, St Therese of Lisieux, otherwise known as, ‘The Little Flower’
- The dove symbolises The Holy Spirit
- The Sacred Heart of Jesus reminds us of The Daughters of The Sacred Heart who established our school in 1940
- The ocean waves are a tribute to the Scalabrinian priests who travelled from Italy to Mascot to continue their mission of working with migrants and refugees.
We are St Therese Mascot. We are grateful for all of our blessings.
To know and love Christ through learning
Creating thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration
St Therese Catholic Primary School Mascot enjoys a close relationship with the St Therese Parish Mascot.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8.00am
Wednesday: 8.00am and 7.00pm
Friday: 8.00am and 6.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am and 5.00pm (Vigil) and 6.30pm (Spanish)
Sunday: 8.30 (Italian), 10.00am, 5.00pm (Youth)
Every fourth Sunday of the month: Filipino Mass
A weekly Children’s Liturgy is offered at 10:00am Sunday Mass during the school term and is held in the school library.
51 Sutherland Street
Mascot, NSW 2018
(02) 9667 3040
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.